AACT Youth Theatre Conference 21
The AACT Youth Theatre Conference is a week-long opportunity for youth to discover paths to leadership in their community theatres. The path could through acting, directing, technical theatre, stage management, marketing or another avenue of interest. Unlike other conferences, this one cultivates individual interests as well as connecting youth from across the nation. The conference is open to students ages 12-18 and activities will be held in large group and small group sessions as well as through individualized instruction.
The goal of this exciting conference is to instill confidence, knowledge, and team-building skills in an exhilarating and stimulating atmosphere.
Meet someone new, learn something new, see innovative theatre from around the country, and to create a customized learning experience based on your curiosity and skill level. Share your theatre experiences with other youth leaders from around the country Learn from an interactive panel of experienced AACT theatre professionals—ask and you will be heard!
Brainstorm ideas of how theatre should respond to recent world challenges and become more diverse, more inclusive, more aware and present those ideas to AACT leadership. Create scenes as an actor or director or both!
- Customized learning schedules and learning pods
- Workshops focused on each student’s theatrical interest
- Performances from around the country
- Opportunities in performing and directing
- Q&A with professionals from the industry
- Create change from within
- Students share their perspectives, thoughts, and observations on diversity, equity, and inclusion in community theatre and what kind of changes they would like to see happen.
- Students will then present those ideas to a panel of AACT theatre leaders and can publish those ideas in Spotlight Magazine.
|Conference Fee||$ 100.00|