Post and view theatre-related jobs here< List a job opportunity here >
Listings displayed with most recent postings first. Information is provided as a service to the theatre community. All information is provided by the organization seeking to fill the position listed, and any questions about a listed position should be directed to the organization that posted it.
• Provide direction and framework of DW core values as related to productions.
• Select an annual season of plays and musicals for both mainstage and studio.
• Create annual production calendar to include auditions, callbacks, production team meetings, rehearsals and performance dates, production headshots, promotional photos and production photography.
• Secure licensing and oversee royalty payments for all productions.
• Supervise Costume Coordinator and Technical Director
• Recruit, supervise, and mentor volunteer Guest Directors, Music Directors, Choreographers, Costume Designers, Properties Designers, Production Stage Managers and Assistant Stage Managers.
• Coordinate the artistic elements of each production with all members of the Production Teams.
• Assist with auditions, callbacks and casting.
• Direct three or more annual productions as schedule allows.
• Create and provide continuing education opportunities for Guest Directors.
• Collaborate with Marketing Coordinator to prepare all audition scheduling, audition forms and materials, rehearsal and crew schedules, callback and casting information.
• Collaborate with Marketing Coordinator to publicize and promote all productions.
• Coordinate with Office Administrator on production team contacts, code of conduct, and background checks.
• Review content for weekly Company emails and send to Office Administrator for messaging.
• Represent DreamWrights as welcome spokesperson at Information Sessions at start of each production.
• Secure television appearances on Fox43. Work with Producer, actors, and all members of the production team to ensure smooth process.
• Create content for annual brochure and other production related marketing pieces.
Education - Camps/Classes/Workshops:
• Provide direction and framework of DW core values as related to camps, classes and workshops.
• Develop and schedule annual slate of camps, classes and workshops.
• Share professional expertise by teaching onsite and offsite classes and workshops for students of all ages as schedule allows.
• Recruit, supervise and evaluate qualified Teaching Artists.
• Oversee camp scholarship program: applications and awards.
• Supervise teen camp counselors.
• Act as a spokesperson for the DreamWrights’ artistic programs through speaking engagements, and at fundraising events and donor solicitations, as requested.
• Foster the development of good relations with other community organizations by participating in meetings and joint activities where appropriate.
• Identify potential outreach opportunities that take DreamWrights’ programs beyond the theatre and into the community.
Management and Administration:
• Assist the Executive Director with budget development for all program areas.
• Track and report revenues and expenses related to programming.
• Coordinate the scheduling of all programming related activities.
• Adhere to DW by laws, policies and procedures.