Post and view theatre-related jobs here< List a job opportunity here >
Listings displayed with most recent postings first. Information is provided as a service to the theatre community. All information is provided by the organization seeking to fill the position listed, and any questions about a listed position should be directed to the organization that posted it.
A Senior Artistic Director at Cirque is responsible for a show’s artistic integrity and content, while ensuring continuous high-level performance and guiding the shows’ artistic teams toward the company’s vision and objectives. In this pivotal role within Cirque, he/she will foster strong relationships with diverse internal partners in support of the show’s operations.
Show content & long-term artistic vision:
• As creative guardian of assigned shows, work closely with various stakeholders to deliver and uphold Cirque excellence, safeguarding its artistic content, integrity and quality;
• Participate in quarterly visits to the assigned shows to review and assess show quality;
• In partnership with the show’s Artistic Director, ensure that the shows meet and maintain the high-quality standards established by Cirque in terms of artistic and acrobatic performance, initial concept of staging, choreography, cues, musical score, costumes, make-up, lighting and sound design;
• Supervise the integration of new acts, back up acts and all other show evolution;
• Spearhead and oversee the shows’ artistic maintenance, show evolution and new content integration, including managing creative governance approvals;
• Responsible for casting characters, clowns, acts as well as collaborate with Artistic Director for all other casting needs;
• Identify artistic needs and requirements, forecast and manage budget;
• Identify long-term potential issues on shows and recommend appropriate strategies;
• Determine orientation required for the shows’ artistic and acrobatic evolution and/or potential adaptation to specific market;
• Define the needs and approve the plan of visits by the designers and creators of the shows. Use the knowledge acquired to nourish and cultivate long-term and overall artistic vision of the show;
• Ensure respect of global vision and coherence between shows (harmonize processes, practices and methods);
• Participate in show creation process meetings to ensure holistic understanding of show concept, and design milestone timeline for touring operations, hiring plan and actively contribute to the creation-operational handover process.
Leadership & Talent management:
• Inspire and motivate Artistic Directors to high performance and work ethic;
• In collaboration with the show’s Company Manager, oversee the recruitment, mentorship and performance management of Artistic Directors, while contributing to their artistic, professional and managerial development;
• Guide and support decision-making related to hiring, replacement plans, act integration, performance assessment and disciplinary measures;
• Actively contribute to the artistic teams’ well-being and professional development, encourage and facilitate internal movements and succession planning initiatives;
• Collaborate with various company stakeholders, participate in the review of global touring plans;
• Collaborate with the Company Manager for the contract-renewals for artists and the annual compensation assessment process;
• Provide feedback on Artistic Directors’ monthly artistic report, where necessary.
We would like to meet you if you have:
• Pertinent experience in a similar position in live show management or a traditional circus environment;
• Demonstrable leadership skills;
• Aptitudes to develop global and long-term vision, alongside short-term needs;
• Ability to adapt quickly to unexpected situations, variable schedules and tight deadlines;
• Positive mindset, emotional intelligence and driven by impact;
• Fluency in English; be at ease to operate within the international environment of Cirque du Soleil;
• Availability to travel regularly to the performance sites of shows.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits.
You will love to:
- Contribute to the success of our shows;
- Grow within our international environment;
- Make a real visible difference in what you do.
Please submit your resume via this link : https://cirk.me/2O3sRWC