Post and view theatre-related jobs here< List a job opportunity here >
Listings displayed with most recent postings first. Information is provided as a service to the theatre community. All information is provided by the organization seeking to fill the position listed, and any questions about a listed position should be directed to the organization that posted it.
JOB DESCRIPTION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Basin Theatre Works. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
1. Responsible for leading Basin Theatre Works in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
2. Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
1. Responsible for support of fundraising activities and developing other revenues necessary to support the mission of Basin Theatre Works.
2. Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintains the organization in a positive financial position.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and other staff members to ensure that the organization’s mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
1. Responsible for the implementation and the supervision of Basin Theatre Works programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
2. Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Basin Theatre Works can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
3. Responsible for the enhancement of the image of Basin Theatre Works by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
1. Responsible effective administration of Basin Theatre Works operations.
2. Shares responsibility for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
1. Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors in policy decisions, in fundraising, and in increasing the overall visibility of the organization.
2. Supervise and collaborate with all organization staff.
3. Collaborate in strategic planning and implementation.
4. Collaborate in the planning and operation of annual budget.
5. Serve as the primary spokesperson of Basin Theatre Works to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
6. Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the mission of Basin Theatre Works.
7. Engage in fundraising, grant writing and submission of grant proposals and developing other revenues.
8. Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
9. Attend and report to the Board at monthly Board meetings and any committee meetings if appropriate.
10. Acquire and review contracts for services and submit to the Board of Directors for approval.
11. Recruit and coordinate of volunteers.
12. Oversee Box Office operations.
13. Oversee all Basin Theatre Works programs.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
15. Professional business dress required.
QUALITIES OF AN IDEAL CANDIDATE:
1. A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
2. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
3. Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies, and volunteers.
4. Transparent and high integrity leadership.
5. Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
6. High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
7. Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
8. Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
9. Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
10. Strong written and oral communication skills.
11. Strong public speaking ability and a strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
EDUCATIONAL/ PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Master’s Degree in Arts Administration, Fine Arts Management, Non-Profit Management, Business Management, or related field
2. Bachelor’s degree in Arts Administration, Fine Arts Management, Non-Profit Management, Business Management, or related field
1. 5+ years of experience in Arts Administration, Fine Arts Management, Non-Profit Management, Business Management, or related field; or
2. 5+ years of other educational or professional experience the hiring committee deems appropriate.
Full time, daily office hours Monday- Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Some evenings and weekends required during performances, showcases, & events.
This position requires the Executive Director to live in or relocate to the Odessa area.
Pay dependent upon experience, with potential for bonus and salary increase, based upon yearly board review.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit cover letter and resume at link on www.permianplayhouse.com
Applications will be accepted until January 29, 2021.
Basin Theatre Works is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discrimination based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All are encouraged to apply.