MTI Discount for Members
|AACT’s partnership with Music Theatre International, allowing for discounts on rental packages, continues for the 2018-2019 membership year. Under the agreement, AACT organizational members receive substantial discounts on standard rental fees on MTI musicals through August, 2019. Discounts start at 20%..
Here’s the Deal
- For the first four MTI musicals produced during the year beginning September 1, 2018, paid member theatres will receive a 20% discount on standard rental fees.
- If a theatre produces 5 MTI musicals in a year, the fifth standard rental package is free!
According to MTI Senior Operations Officer John Prignano, most standard rentals cost between $750 and $1,200 per license. Based on that range, with a 20% discount AACT member theatres save between $150 and $240 for the first MTI musical. Essentially, theatres with budgets up to $99,999 can save more than the cost of their AACT membership with the first rental.
How it works
The following stipulations apply to the program:
- To participate in the discount program, a theatre must be a current paid AACT member for 2018-19.
- Again this year, a member organization will work directly with their MTI agent to receive the discount.
- The discount will apply to any MTI shows produced between September 1, 2018 and August 31, 2019.
- The agreement is retroactive during the current membership year. If a member theatre has already paid rental fees for the period covered by the agreement, the cost difference will be refunded.
- Rental discount applies to standard rental fees only.
For full details on applying the discount, AACT members must be signed in to the AACT website, then go to the "Offers & Discounts" listings". From the "Category" menu, choose " Scripts, Materials, Royalties," and scroll down to Music Theatre International.