New & Notable
Music Theatre International
- Tips on streaming, remote performances and more. To help you decide which is the best fit for your organization we've broken down all of the new ways to produce theatre into a series of articles. "Whether you're looking to perform a musical virtually, generate revenue by streaming past productions, produce a Broadway Junior show with actors of any age, or more, we have everything you need to get started. Break a leg!" More information here.
- Three new digital workshops focusing on editing virtual productions, remote lesson plans from Broadway's best, and directing online student theatre. The sessions will be recorded and accessible to all registrants until February 28th. Learn more & register now
- Five Disney Broadway Junior Musicals are now available for remote performances. Perform and capture your show remotely, then stream to your audience. Bring the magic of Disney online with: The Little Mermaid JR, Beauty and the Beast JR., High School Musical JR, Winnie the Pooh KIDS, and Frozen KIDS. (Frozen Kids may only be performed by schools K-12 with a cast of 18 years of age and younger.) More information here.
- Theatre Now's 10-Minute Musicals. MTI has announced an agreement with Theatre Now New York, an artist service organization dedicated to the development of new works, to represent and license 25 short musicals from its collection beginning in early 2021. More information here.
- MTI titles available for Remote Performance. More information here.
- AACT Organizational Members receive substantial discounts on standard rental fees on MTI musicals through August 31 2021. Discounts start at 20%. More information here.
Disney Theatrical Group
- Disney Musicals for Remote Performance, available to be captured remotely and streamed. More information here.
- Licensing 101: A Step-by-Step Guide to Putting on a Show: More information here
- Music Theatre International (MTI) is the dramatic licensing agency through which Disney licenses the performances rights to Disney Theatrical musicals. More information here.
[Samuel French, Rodgers & Hammerstein, Tams-Witmark, The Musical Company]
- The SpongeBob Musical is now available for licensing. Contact your Amateur Licensing Representative to bring "the most improbable and most delightful of musical adaptations" (New York Magazine) to your stage. More information here.
- Concord Theatricals announces the inception of their Read More Plays Book Club. The first play to be discussed is Sarah Ruhl’s How to Transcend A Happy Marriage. The discussion of the play will feature Sarah Ruhl, original cast members Lena Hall and Austin Smith, and will be moderated by Sarah’s husband and NYU professor/psychiatrist, Tony Charuvastra, on Wednesday, December 2 at 6pm ET. Be sure to let Concord Theatricals know if you are interested in attending, you need to RSVP for the Zoom event here. When you RSVP, you’ll receive a 30% discount code to purchase the script.
- Concord Theatricals has partnered with four streaming providers: BookTix Live, On The Stage, ShowShareTM and ShowTix4U. These Recommended Streaming Providers all meet the requirements included in Concord Theatricals license agreements. More information here.
- Plays by Black Writers: Stories for This Moment. Explore this collection of groundbreaking works that grapple with current themes and the history of the Black community. More information here. Also check out curated categories on our website, such as Featured Women Writers, Plays with Small Casts, New Publications and more.
- Desperate Measures now available for Amateur Licensing. Book now for 2021! Best Musical: 2018 Outer Critics Circle & Oba Awards. Best Music & Lyrics: 2018 Drama Desk Awards. Books and lyrics by Peter Kellogg, music by David Friedman. More information here.
- Celebrate ten years with The Marvelous Wonderettes, now licensing into 2021 and beyond! More information here.
- All Print Editions now include a bonus PDF Digital version.
- AACT Organizational Members receive a 50% discount on all digital perusals and a 25% discount on digital materials fees for all musicals. More information here.
Dramatists Play Service
- Streaming Rights: DPS has proudly partnered with ShowTix4U, an online ticketing and content creation platform to celebrate and showcase live theatre. Obtain rights to stream live performances and sell tickets to events in 3 easy steps. More information here.
- New Acquisitions: Recent, not-yet-published additions to the Dramatists Play Service, Inc. catalogue are updated regularly. More information here.
Dramatic Publishing Company (DPC)
- Livestream Titles. DPC's website lists its more popular titles with livestream permissions. We are securing livestream permission for more titles daily, so if you don't see what you're looking for there, try browsing by type or performing group and look for the "Livestream Rights Available" notes. More information here.
- Special Message Regarding Covid-19. More information here.
- New In Print Fresh and hot off the press, these newly published titles have been added to our catalog within the last six months. More information here.
- AACT NewPlayFest scripts & anthologies. More information here.
- Limited Streaming/Broadcast Rights now available More information here.
- Check out the new releases. More information here.