All information is provided by our Partners, with most recent postings listed first
Music Theatre International
- Online Edition of Elephant & Piggie Now Available. Elephant & Piggie's "We Are In a Play" Online Edition is a hilarious version of Mo Willem's beloved children's book and is specifically designed to be rehearsed, produced, and performed remotely on the internet. Featuring a delightfully infectious score by Debbie Wicks La Puma, Elephant & Piggie's "We Are In a Play" Online Edition is a perfect show for young storytellers. Everything you need to produce this 20-minute Online Edition is delivered digitally, including a Director's Guide (with instructional processes, tips, and suggestions), the Actor's Script, Accompaniment Tracks, and more. More information here.
- 10-Minute Musicals Available for Licensing. 25 brand-new 10-Minute Musicals feature up-and-coming musical theatre writers from the renowned arts organization Theatre Now New York. These short shows are designed for small casts, minimal rehearsals, and are available for remote, streaming, and in-person performance. Check out the shows.
- Updates to our Interactive Scripts and Scores powered by ProductionPro! Share notes with cast & crew, organize script notes with layers, type notes on any device. Learn more.
- Free downloads from your favorite Disney Broadway Junior® Musicals! Two songs from each show and a custom Zoom background are available to download for free. Let your imagination and creativity shine and film as many performances as you like! Learn more.
- Streaming Rights: Perform live onstage and stream to your audience. We have over 100 shows available for various types of streaming rights (Live-stream, Scheduled Content and Video on Demand) including Shrek, Disney’s Descendants, Once on This Island, Godspell, Little Women and many more. Check out the shows.
- Remote Performances: Perform and capture online then stream to your audience. From Annie JR. and Peter Pan JR. to modern hits like The Last Five Years, A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder and Little Shop of Horrors, shows with Remote Performance Rights are a great way to produce musicals in the age of social-distancing. Check out the shows.
- Disney Musicals Online: Broadway Junior shows for remote performances. Perfect for both school and non-school groups*, these treasured shows are designed to be performed remotely online. In addition to the traditional materials, all ShowKIT components are digitally delivered bringing you one step closer to opening night. View the shows.
- Virtual Performance Toolkit provides a visual breakdown of the different remote/virtual options, a free Remote Performance Guide, and more. Learn more.
- New Releases: The latest shows available for licensing. Check out the full list.
- AACT Organizational Members receive substantial discounts on standard rental fees on MTI musicals through August 31 2021. Discounts start at 20%. View our list of member discounts & special offers here.
Disney Theatrical Group
- Disney Musicals for Remote Performance, available to be captured remotely and streamed. More information here.
- Disney's Backstage Bulletin: Artiles about Disney shows, from background to technical effects. Read here.
- Licensing 101: A Step-by-Step Guide to Putting on a Show: More information here
- Music Theatre International (MTI) is the dramatic licensing agency through which Disney licenses the performances rights to Disney Theatrical musicals. More information here.
[Samuel French, Rodgers & Hammerstein, Tams-Witmark, Andrew Lloyd Webber]
- Concord Theatricals' Read More Plays Club is designed to unite theatre lovers and create a digital space dedicated to celebrating great artists, good conversation and plays on the page. Learn more.
- Introducing Our Rodgers & Hammerstein Acting Editions. For the first time ever, Acting Editions of Rodgers & Hammerstein's classic musicals are available for purchase. Add some magic to your library with the first set of available scripts: Oklahoma!, The Sound of Music, South Pacific, and three versions of Cinderella. Explore the collection here.
- The Lightning Thief: The Percy Jackson Musical is now available for licensing to professional and amateur theatres! With a book by Joe Tracz and original music and lyrics by Rob Rokicki, The Lightning Thief follows the story of teenager Percy Jackson. When Percy discovers he’s actually a demigod — the son of Poseidon — he is faced with new powers he can't quite control, plus a swarm of monsters on his trail. Percy and his friends must embark on an epic journey to find Zeus’ missing lightning bolt and prevent a war among the gods. More information here.
- Beyond the Ingenue: Plays for Powerful Women. Explore this collection of plays featuring women from varied backgrounds and ages: all beyond the role of the ingenue. More information here.
- The SpongeBob Musical is now available for licensing. Contact your Amateur Licensing Representative to bring "the most improbable and most delightful of musical adaptations" (New York Magazine) to your stage. More information here.
- Concord Theatricals acquires licensing rights to the most nominated play in Tony Awards history: Slave Play by Jeremy O. Harris. Learn more.
- The Wonderettes Challenge. Have you ever longed to play all of the parts in a single show? Here's your chance: Choose a song, sing all four parts, make a video, and then enter to win some swell Wonderettes swag! More information here.
- New Voices Collection. Dive into unique perspectives and diverse stories. View Collection here.
- Fresh new titles that run the gamut between cutting social satire, romantic comedy, and a couple of jukebox confections. More information here.
- Desperate Measures now available for Amateur Licensing. Book now for 2021. Best Musical: 2018 Outer Critics Circle & OBA Awards. Best Music & Lyrics: 2018 Drama Desk Awards. Books and lyrics by Peter Kellogg, music by David Friedman. More information here.
- Celebrate ten years with The Marvelous Wonderettes, now licensing into 2021 and beyond. More information here.
- All Print Editions now include a bonus PDF Digital version.
- AACT Organizational Members receive a 50% discount on all digital perusals and a 25% discount on digital materials fees for all musicals. More information here.
Dramatists Play Service (Broadway Licensing)
- A quarterly subscription service that delivers seven DPS plays right to your door! Choosing new plays to read can be exhausting. DPS releases over 100 new titles every year and has a complete catalogue of more than 5000 plays, published over 80 years—no matter how much you like reading plays, you’re bound to miss some great ones. The DPS Book Club is a subscription-box service, mailed quarterly, that includes a mix of our most recently published titles and the best of our back catalogue offered at a price more than 40% off the cost of seven Acting Editions separately. Open up a box and discover the best of the American theater, from 1936 into 2018 and beyond. Read more here.
- The 2019 Pulitzer Prize Winner in Drama, Fairview, by Jackie Sibblies Drury, is now published by DPS. The play iis a searing examination of families, drama, family dramas, and the insidiousness of white supremacy. Read more here.
- Dramatists Play Service has joined the Broadway Licensing family and its brands, including licensor Playscripts and the streaming service Broadway On Demand. Broadway Licensing is a full-service theatrical licensing partner specializing in the development, production and worldwide distribution of new and established theatrical properties. As part of the Broadway Licensing family, DPS remains dedicated to bringing you the bold, new plays and timeless classics we have for the last 85 years, and we’re eager to provide even more innovative theatrical opportunities in the future. Stay tuned for more details.
- Starting April 1, 2021 our new exclusive streaming partner will be Broadway On Demand with ShowShare, a full-service streaming solution for theatres. ShowShare’s extensive customer service and comprehensive platform provides DPS Clients with even more ways to stream live, pre-recorded, and on-demand productions across the globe. As a welcome gift to the Broadway Licensing family please enjoy 20% off your first streaming order with code: WELCOME20. Click here to start streaming!
- Three new collections of online plays: Rogues’ Gallery by John Patrick Shanley; Technical Difficulties: Plays for Online Theatre, by Leah Barker, Mashuq Mushtaq Deen, Steph Del Rosso, Arlene Hutton, John Cameron Mitchell, Craig Pospisil, Christina Quintana, Elaine Romero, Aurin Squire, Ken Urban; Waiting for The Host by Marc Palmieri.
- Streaming Rights: DPS has proudly partnered with ShowTix4U, an online ticketing and content creation platform to celebrate and showcase live theatre. Obtain rights to stream live performances and sell tickets to events in 3 easy steps. More information here.
- New Acquisitions: Recent, not-yet-published additions to the Dramatists Play Service, Inc. catalogue are updated regularly. More information here.
- Current and upcoming productions of DPS plays. Sort by professional, nonprofessional, title, author, producer, city, state, opening or closing dates. More information here.
Dramatic Publishing Company (DPC)
- Livestream Titles. DPC's website lists its more popular titles with livestream permissions. We are securing livestream permission for more titles daily, so if you don't see what you're looking for there, try browsing by type or performing group and look for the "Livestream Rights Available" notes. More information here.
- Special Message Regarding Covid-19. More information here.
- New In Print. Fresh and hot off the press, these newly published titles have been added to our catalog within the last six months. More information here.
- AACT NewPlayFest scripts & anthologies. More information here.
- Free eSCRIPT: Knights of the Square Table, by P. Fenton. Just days after returning to the king’s court following a fiveyear absence, Sir Galahad is informed by the king and queen that a suitor is urgently needed for the princess as the king is dying. Sir Galahad agrees to the marriage, sending him on a medieval quest of epic proportions in order to prove his worth to marry the beautiful Princess Jacqueline. But perhaps the hardest obstacles have nothing to do with the dangers that be: first, an evil knight has also taken up the quest for Jacqueline’s hand and would abuse the throne were he to ascend to it, and second, Sir Galahad has caught the eye of Lady Heron, the castle’s royal messenger, and she may have caught his as well. And might there be something else lurking right beneath our hero’s nose? What’s a brave, handsome knight to do? More information here.
- Limited Streaming/Broadcast Rights now available More information here.
- Check out the new releases. More information here.