Script Club, offered every other month, is a collaborative conversation with peers about the selected script. Learn more about titles trending with community theatres, discover strategies for the challenges and opportunities, and network with other organizations producing the show.
- Available for AACT members only; $10 (you must be signed in to this site to register)
- All events begin at 2:00 pm (Eastern) / 1:00 pm (Central) / 12:00 pm (Mountain) / 11:00 am (Pacific).
- Attendees are expected to read the script before attending.
- Access to webinar is one per registrant.
- Recordings will not be available.
Kinky Boots, book by Harvey Fierstein, music and lyrics by Cyndi Lauper
Thursday, March 2
$10 for AACT Members
This six-time Tony Award-winning musical is a surefire crowd pleaser with plenty of opportunities for a theatre to flex its artistic muscles with elaborate costumes, exhilarating choreography, and a heartfelt story. Connect with other organizations to strategize on challenges, from finding the diverse actors required to sourcing the famed boots. (Licensing and free perusal available through MTI.)
“In fewer than one hundred pages, this marvelously instructive book shows how to unlock the secrets of plot, character, theme, exposition, imagery, motivation, conflict, theatricality and pacing. . . . Our editor says he learned more about dramatic structure in the few hours he spent with this 96-page book than he has in his 20 years of theater experience.” — Stage Directions