Contests and Other Opportunities
Resources for Playwrights
Includes contests, theatres seeking new plays, and other resources. Note: For reference purposes, postings will remain visible after their application deadline, for the remaining days of that month.
Podcast Play Production
Our goal is to introduce emerging and unknown playwrights with an opportunity to have their works, produced in a ‘Radio Play” format to be broadcast on our Open-Door Playhouse Podcast. We invite interested playwrights to submit 1 Acts up to 45 minutes and short 10 to 15 min plays to be produced for radio production.
NEW: We are currently seeking Holiday-themed, and, Veteran inspired plays. We will also feature a family-themed section of the podcast.
Ongoing Submissions for OPEN-DOOR PLAYHOUSE
10-minute plays that of any genre with a max of 4 characters. The 10-minute plays will be recorded and presented on the podcast.
1 Act plays (45 min 50 max) of any genre six characters or less.
We embrace and encourage the submission of LGBTQ, Black Lives Matter, Senior Citizen, and all social perspectives and current issues.
2. The following submission fees apply to help cover the costs of production:
5.00 fee for one 10-minute play
10.00 fee for two ten-minute plays or one 1-ACT play
3. Work will be chosen by a team of readers. The directors choose the plays we will produce, within the production budget guidelines we give them. Once produced the plays will premiere on the Podcast and remain on the website.
4. There is no restriction on the subject matter, however, please keep in mind that we are attempting to reach a very broad audience with our programming, and subject matter ‘taste’ will be a large part of our selection process.
5. Please insure submissions have a title page with complete contact information (including email), a character summary, and are in proper script form.
6. Plays must be non-produced or shown for less than two weeks.
7. Playwrights will be notified via email once the selection process has been completed. You can also sign up for our VIP list to get updates and special announcements on upcoming productions and calls for submission. https://bit.ly/OpenDoorVIP
8. Once selected you will be notified via email with the date and time of the broadcast of your material.
Thank you to all the writers who entrust us with your work, and we appreciate your interest and willingness to share your work with us as we prepare to launch Open-Door Playhouse in the next couple of months.